Sunday, May 18, 2008

Harbour Days Triathlon


I know this is a terrible photo but according to the photographer we were all going so fast that after this shot was taken, we were around the corner onto the causeway and out of view.
Plenty of participation from the club:
Robin, Sandra, Andrea and Terry all took part and some of us won draw prizes to offset the $25 entry fee.
I rode Scott's aluminum P3 which is a bit small for me but makes me very aero. I also had David's TT helmet, and shoe covers. For the 22.6km time trial these modifications over a standard road race set-up netted me a theoretical savings of 3 minutes and 22 seconds. There was a stiff headwind on the return leg of the out and back course and I rode 95%+ of the course in the aero bars. My average speed was around 37 km/h and I'm sure a better warm-up would have knocked off a bit more time. I noticed very little wind noise from the aero helmet and actually suffered a bit of an ice cream headache from the great ventilation.
I'll add some more photos when I receive them.

No comments: