Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday evening inland Gwaii TT Championships

Scott and I rode the 19.1 km Tlell to Port Clements TT course tonite. I recorded a time of 31'39" to set a new course record and Scott's time was 35'29". My average speed was 36.2 km/h and Scott's average speed was 32.3 km/h. There wasn't any wind so I am sure that with a tailwind I can break 30'. It will also be interesting to see if aero enhancements can lower the times. Scott was on his P3 and rode most of the way in his aero bars. I was on a regular road frame without aero bars. The course is flat except for the start and finish so it should be possible to ride the middle 15km entirely in the aero bars and that should be worth 1-2 minutes of time savings.
2006 TdF prologue, Team Discovery bike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mashing it up on the trainer tonight Terry. I'll see you thursday!(if you dare)!!

Scott